Minimum Persons : 1
Maximum Persons : 12
On this Athens market tour you’ll dive into the Athenian way of life as your guide leads you through the city's diverse markets. Here you will find every Mediterranean fruit, vegetable, meat, cheese and more on offer. Experiencing local produce is one of our favourite things to do in Athens and you’ll be able to pick out all the local delicacies after this tour!
Overwhelmed with all these warm colours, tastes and smells, we'll make our way to the next stop in Monastiraki Square. The square is home to the Adrian Library, an archaic temple constructed in the Corinthian-style. Not far away is the 18th-century Tzistarakis Mosque.
Next, we'll explore the square’s flea market, mingle with the friendly merchants and marvel at ancient monuments as you uncover even more Athens history. This is the perfect place to get in touch with Athens market culture.
Then we'll walk through the charming Thisson area, passing houses from the 17th and 18th centuries along the way. We will stroll around one of Athens oldest neighbourhoods, Plaka, and enjoy a fresh coffee while talking about the city's past and present.
Time to head to Athen’s most punk neighbourhood, Exarcheia, and discover the newer, funkier side of Athens!
Enjoy some special sweet delights, while hearing stories of student rebellions and anarchist riots and get to know the intellectual and artistic side of this buzzing district.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Coffee or soft drink
- Koulouri (bread ring)
- 4 special sweet delights at 4 different stops
- Bottled water.
- Additional food and drinks.
Additional info :
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- Tour isn't available on Sundays.
- Blocked dates: (14,15,16, August) - (28, October) - (24, 25, 26, December) - (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, January) - (2, 25, March) - (17, 18, 20, April) - (1, May) - (8, June) - (17, November)
Confirmation type :
The booking is available after 48:Hours minutes of purchase.
Kotzia Square, in Athina Avenue between the metro stations of Omonia and Monastiraki, in front of the Mayor Building.
Panepistimio Metro Station
Cancellation policy :
- Cancellations done 48 hours prior to start time or less are subject to 100% cancellation penalty.
- Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
- Children above the age of 6 have the same rates as adults.