Minimum Persons : 1
Maximum Persons : 12
Thought Greek food was just feta and olives? Wrong! This Athens food tour sets the story straight on the varied food scene in this ancient city with a modern twist, and you’ll leave full of tasty treats and local knowledge on one of the most underrated cuisines in the world. You’ll meet your local guide and begin this Athens tour by exploring Kotzia Square, located in the heart of Athens. The square is surrounded by gorgeous neoclassical buildings, which were constructed in the early 18th century, and also some ancient ruins of old houses that you will have a peek at on your way to the market. Your local guide will show you around the best of the Central Market, taking you to places few tourists venture and helping you to discover a variety of delicious Greek specialties. From the simple koulouri (a round-shaped bread with sesame seeds) and delicate local pastries, to the Greek staples of feta and olives, the Central Market is a feast for the senses. We also try either an invigorating Greek coffee (in the winter) or a cold frappe in warmer days, which are popular local beverages. Athens food is a rich mix of old and new, traditional and modern, and this tour is the perfect way to discover all these aspects. Next on this culinary tour of Athens, we then drop by a Greek deli that sells traditional products and is a popular shopping place for locals. This spot sells the best seasonal food available. Finally you’ll make your way to Monastiraki Square where your adventure will end. Your guide will be happy to recommend other places to see in this ancient city. If you feel like slipping into a food coma, your local guide will also give you hand in finding your way back to your accommodation.
- Tastings Greek sweets, koulouri,olive oil, olives, cheeses, rusks, Greek alcohol (wine, ouzo), spices, herbs, and traditional meze (a meze is a small appetiser or side dish).
- Visits to markets, Kotzia Square, Avyssinias Square, Monastiraki Square, Athena's Road, churches, and a traditional deli.
- Additional food or drink not mentioned above
Additional info :
- You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- This tour isn't available on Sundays
Confirmation type :
The booking is available after 48:Hours minutes of purchase.
Kotzia Square in front of the Mayor building.
Cancellation policy :
- Cancellations done 48 hours prior to start time or less are subject to 100% cancellation penalty.
- Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
- Children above the age of 6 have the same rates as adults.