Minimum Persons : 0
Maximum Persons : 50
This area lies outside the historical peninsula and the city walls. In this area, we see many mosques, mausoleums, graveyards and fountains. Being outside the city walls, the area has long been used as a major Muslim shrine. Today, Muslims from all over the world pay visits to this holy place. Our tour begins with a visit to the Mosque of Eyub al Ansari - the standard bearer of Prophet Muhammed – and continues to the Mausoleum of Sokullu Mehmet Paşa, a Grand Vizier of Selim II-of Bosnian origin, the Mosque of Zal Mahmut Paşa-the son in law of Sultan Selim II and the Mausoleum of Sultan Reşat. These are only some of the places we will visit. Our tour will then continue through the Eyup Cemetery and end on Pierre Loti Hill.
The city walls are the best places where you feel antiquity. Our stroll through historical places begins in Yedikule Fortress' dungeons where many diplomats were imprisoned when the Ottoman Empire declared war on itself. Not only diplomats - but some Ottoman sultans were also put in jail and executed in some of the dungeons there! What else? We see the Gates of the walls, the cemetery of the Orthodox Patriarchs and the miraculous Ayazma of Balikli, some Works of Architect Sinan, and more churches. Highlight of the tour is the opportunity to walk on the historical walls. First, we walk on the walls in the Yedikule Fortress, then we walk over a kilometer from Belgrate Gate to Silivri Gate - This will definitely keep your feet on the ground.
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Entrance Fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Beverages during lunch
Additional info :
- This tour is available only on Saturdays.
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Return time to hotel: Approximately at 05:00 p.m.
Confirmation type :
The booking is available after 48:Hours minutes of purchase.
Pick-up from centrally located hotels in Istanbul
Cancellation policy :
- Cancellations made within one day or less prior to start time will be subject to 100% cancellation fees.
- Children from 3 to 6 years old: Get reduced rates.