Minimum Persons : 0
Maximum Persons : 50
Fener is derived from a Greek word ‘Fanari’ meaning ‘lantern’ or ‘lighthouse’. It was a district of prominent and predominantly Romaic (Greek Orthodox) families up to the beginning of the 20th century. It is the part of Istanbul where the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople is situated. Did you know that Phanariotes dominated the administration of the Patriarchate. Listen to the story of Phanariotes who served as dragomans to the Ottoman government and to foreign embassies. If you are interested in visiting a Byzantine Church in use or in seeing the only church made of iron and steel in the world – do not miss this walk. Get ready to see houses, pavements, palaces, and other structures of the area, which are being protected by a UNESCO project successfully implemented over the last decade.
- Hotel Pick-up.
- Tour guide
- Gratuities (optional)
Additional info :
- This tour is available only on Sundays.
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- This tour finishes at Fener District at 12:30 p.m.
Confirmation type :
The booking is available after 48:Hours minutes of purchase.
Pick up from centrally located hotels in Istanbul
Cancellation policy :
- Cancellations made within one day or less prior to start time will be subject to 100% cancellation fees.
- Children from 3 to 6 years old: Get reduced rates.