Minimum Persons : 1
Maximum Persons : 50
Probably the best way to describe the Grand Bazaar is to quote Mark Twain - “We went to the Grand Bazaar in Stamboul, of course, and I shall not describe it further than to say it is a monstrous hive of little shops – thousands. I should say - all under one roof, and cut up into innumerable little blocks by narrow streets which are arched overhead.” With more than 4000 shops in 64 streets and with 22 gates, the-Grand Bazaar - or Kapalıçarsı as it is in Turkish - , looks like a labyrinth. We must say that this definitely is not a shopping tour - but a walk that will lead you through shops where they sell leather goods, sweets, dried fruit and spices, jewelry, glassware, pottery, fabrics, belly dancing costumes, t-shirts and all sorts of souvenirs. We will visit workshops where you will see how gold is melt in fire, as it has been for centuries; you will witness how the craftsmen fix degrees on carats; you will see how artisans do their engraving on silver.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Tour guide
- Gratuities (optional)
Additional info :
- This walking tour is available only on Mondays.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Return time to hotel: 05:00 pm
Confirmation type :
The booking is available after 48:Hours minutes of purchase.
Pick up from centrally located hotels in Istanbul
Cancellation policy :
- Cancellations made within 1 day or less prior to start time will be subject to 100% cancellation fees.
- Children from 3 to 6 years old: Have reduced rates.