This is a great activity for all ages. We will go on a trip that's only an hour's drive from Doha, to Qatar’s hidden natural heritage – Al Thakira. You will be able to enjoy a tranquil kayak through Qatar’s mangroves with a unique sunset.
Nestled along the coast near Al Khor is a vast beautiful mangrove forest, the best ways to access the forest is by kayak. By kayak, we will take you through the network of channels that have been carved out by tidal action.
There is a lot of birdlife and this is a go-to destination for nature lovers to do some bird-watching. To add, the sunset is a perfect time to see the birds and listen to the sounds of the forest.
Don't forget to bring the following:
- Closed shoes or sandals that can get wet, it can be rocky, muddy, and slippery in certain places.
- Comfortable clothes to wear for kayaking (light, loose-fitting clothing is best), long shorts, and a t-shirt work well.
- Please dress conservatively as a sign of respect for the local Qatari culture in accordance with local customs - entrance may be refused to those unsuitably dressed (no bikini, no hot shorts).
- Change of clothes for after the trip and a towel.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses with strap, a hat/cap.
- If you love snorkeling, please bring your own equipment to use it during swimming break at purple island.
- Mobile waterproof case (you will take full responsibility for damage to or loss of your phone).
- Please bring your own blanket or heavy clothes if you would like to enjoy the evening breeze after sunset tours.
- Mosquito repellent or wearing long sleeves and trousers - we noticed mosquitos after sunset tours.
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event