Travel along the Batinah coastline known for its sandy beaches and ancient fort towns. Visit Barka and its popular Barka Fish Souq, then drive to Nakhl Fort built on a rocky 200m high mountain peak which is the most prominent attraction in town.
What you’re going to do
The next stop is Ain Al Thawwarah Hot Springs, a collection of hot springs that gush forth year-round and possess healing powers. After lunch, continue to Wakan, a mountain farming village in Wadi Mistal for a serene garden walk.
1. Barka Fish Souq
A colourful fish market trading in daily catch brought by local fishermen.
2. Nakhl Fort
A large and very impressive fortification in Nakhl palm oasis which, besides a museum, hosts a weekly traditional goat market.
3. Ain Al Thawwara Hot Springs
Natural hot mineral water springs in Nakhl with numerous therapeutic benefits and healing properties due to sulphur presence, very soothing to the skin.
4. Wakan Village
A beautifully terraced farming village in the Hajar Mountains with panoramic views. It features pomegranate, apricot, grap, almond and peach orchards and a dazzling display of pink and white blossoms in the spring.
ALL FULL DAY TOURS START FROM AND END IN MUSCAT
START TIME : 08:00. - END TIME : 18:00
- Pick up from and drop off at the hotel or airport
- Experienced english-speaking Omani Guide (check for other languages)
- 4WD transfers in air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to all sites as per itinerary
- Drinking bottled water during the tour
- Additional requests not mentioned