What are you going to do
A thrilling Kayaking adventure to explore the mangroves at the Purple Island. This 90-minute Kayaking adventure is perfect for beginners who are looking for a memorable day out in Qatar to beat the heat.
Share the exhilaration of spending a day at Qatar’s natural wonder, Al
Thakira Mangroves reserves. You will be surrounded by the lush green mangroves and a wide variety of unique birds, fish, crabs, etc. The 90-minute thrilling kayaking experience brings you close to nature in the most eco- friendly way. Enjoy a perfect weekend with your friends and family surrounded by the gorgeousness that is Purple Island.
Meeting Point: Al Meera – Al Thakhira
Duration: 2 hours
Start time: Depends on tide everyday
Travel time: 1 hour each way
Join us for a 4 hour day trip of thrilling & adrenaline filled kayaking. We meet you at the Al Meera in Al Thakira from where you may follow us in your cars to the elusive Purple Island- a Qatari natural wonder. Enjoy the scenic beauty of Qatar while you cruise through the majestic north-eastern coast of the country.
Once we arrive at the Purple Island you will be greeted by the alluring mangroves which are famous for a host of unique fauna, including migratory birds, fish, crabs, etc. You will then have a comprehensive training session for the kayaking trip. This excursion is beginner friendly and the introduction includes all safety instructions. Following this will be an energetic and fun kayaking adventure through the channels of the lush green mangroves. Relax in the scenic gifts of nature while you paddle through the calming waters. You may also be greeted by tiny jumping fish and a beautiful sunset here. You will be provided with portable bathroom facility and bottled water. End this trip with a guided exploratory walk in the mangrove forests along the beach.
Keep eyes out for our “Sunset to Full Moon” kayaking events to enjoy an unforgettable night out at the Purple Island along with a traditional barbecue dinner, perfect for a romantic getaway with your partner or a relaxing night out with friends.
Select any of the available dates
• A comprehensive introduction to Kayaking and brief training which is completely novice friendly.
• We provide you with kayaks, paddles as well as US Coast guard approved safety jackets.
• A 90-minute fun and energetic Kayaking experience in the channels of the mangroves of Purple Island.
• A guided walk through the ecology of the mangrove forest (on request)
• Kayak & paddles
• Briefing & Training
• Life Jackets
• Toilet Facilities
Additional info :
Bring along sandals, sunscreen & sunglasses along with appropriate sportswear for kayaking. You may also carry snacks and other necessities to enjoy the day.
• Don’t forget the camera to capture this memory for a lifetime.
• The experience is subject to weather conditions and may be cancelled due to high tides and other unfavorable weather conditions.
• The schedule of the trip may vary as per the tides.
1) YOUR BOOKING CAN CHANGE LAST MINUTE DUE TO UNEXPECTED WEATHER AND TIDE CONDITIONS. THIS CAN BE INFORMED TO YOU UP TO THE DAY OF YOUR TOUR.
2) DUE TO A HUGE AMOUNT OF BOOKINGS RECEIVED AND REQUEST FOR THIS TOUR, WE ARE FULLY BOOKED FOR MOST OF THE DAYS. FOR SUCH DAYS, YOUR BOOKING WILL BE PLACED ON A WAITING LIST AND WILL BE GIVEN A PRIORITY ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS – ONLY IN CASE SOMEONE FROM YOUR PREFERRED DATE CANCELS OR CHANGES THEIR TOUR.
What to expect :
Nature, Adventure, Relaxation, and Fun
Confirmation type :
Cancellation policy :
48 Hours prior to arrival: No Charge applies
48 to 24 hours prior to arrival: 50% of the total booking cost
Less than 24 hours & No show: 100% of the total booking cost
Cancellation time :
Looking for more experiences?