What are you going to do
Balat is located on the southern shores of the Golden Horn. It is one of the Jewish districts where Jews were re-settled during the time of the Ottoman Empire. We walk in Balat and find ourselves in intriguing streets with amazingly colorful life. Synagogues, Armenian churches, Romaic churches, Byzantine remnants and Ayazma’s are part of today’s adventure. Although once it had seven synagogues, now it has only two in good condition: Ahrida and Yambol Synagogues. The cast-iron Bulgarian Orthodox church of St. Stephen of the Bulgars, the city walls and the ruins of the Byzantine palace known as Tekfur Saray, the Armenian Church of Surp Hresdagabet are among many other places we visit during this tour.
Select any of the available dates
- Entrance Fees
- Tour guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Beverages during lunch
Additional info :
- This tour is available only on Sundays.
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Return time to hotel: approximately at 05:00 pm.
Confirmation type :
The booking is available after 48:Hours minutes of purchase.
Pick-up from centrally located hotels in Istanbul
Cancellation policy :
- Cancellations made within one day or less prior to start time will be subject to 100% cancellation fees.
- Children from 3 to 6 years old: Get reduced rates.